A blog about finding God's way on the journey with our children, our family, our jobs and our community.

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Prom Season is Here

As anticipated, today was hectic, crazy, emotional and wonderful all in one!  The day started with manicures, pedicures, make up at Sophora (thanks Shannon) and then hair (Charity you rock!).  Then, friends all converged on the house and Olivia and I did their makeup - that was a blast let me tell you.  It was very similar to all the weddings I have done makeup for, with the exception that everyone had on a dress that was their personality, their choice. 

These girls can all hold their own - they don't need a male (didn't want to say man, and didn't want to offend them by saying boy, so I chose the word 'male') to make their life complete.  I heard a sad story about a young woman who didn't go to her prom because she wasn't dating anyone and didn't want to without a boy.  Looking back, she regrets not going almost everyday of her life.  Isn't that sad?

Well, Olivia and her friends are fiercely independent.  Smart girls.  Sassy girls.  Girls who know who they are and what they want.  Their identity isn't wrapped around being in a relationship with a guy - so, they decided to go as a group to the Hardin Valley Academy prom tonight. 

I wish I had been that smart and that brave when I was 17 - and alot of my friends feel exactly the same way.  So hats off to you Olivia, Sierra, Samantha and Alex....you girls looked absolutely beautiful tonight.

And I suspect you are going to have the time of your life tonight!  Love you Livi!!!

No comments: