A blog about finding God's way on the journey with our children, our family, our jobs and our community.

Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Names of God

The more I learn of God, the more I yearn for God.  And to know Him, and to know His names, is becoming more and more important in my life.  Let me share with you just a few of my most favorite names and their meanings:

Jehovah- The Lord
Jehovah-Jireh - The Lord will provide
Jehovah-Rophe - The Lord who heals
Jehovah-Nissi - The Lord our banner
Yahweh - The covenant name of God
Adonai - Master
Jehovah-Shalom - The Lord our peace
Jehovah-Elohim - The Lord our God

Copy down these names and then try this;  when you are praying, use these name to pray to God.  Repeat them in praise and worship and you will reap the peace and presence of a mighty God who loves you so much!

May this bring you blessings today!

Tracy

4 comments:

Kerri said...

I found your blog on the Visit my Peeps page fo whatever it's called. I hope you write more often...I love what I have read so far!
God Bless,
Kerri

Wahzat Gayle said...

Lovely thanks for sharing...
popping over from SITS

Heather said...

I love all the names of God too. So comforting!
I'd love to feature you on my blog sometime. Please email me if you are interested. :)

Heather
The Gift Closet
www.thegiftcloset.blogspot.com

Benn's Wife said...

This is my first visit to your blog, very encouraging. I like your verse at the top - my kids and I are in the middle of memorizing that chapter (one of our school projects for the year0. Belatedly, I wanted to welcome you to my blog!